Thursday, July 21, 2011

Wednesday 7/20 Niantic Report

Out early as per usual (about 4:00am), but after a few runs around Wigwam Rock moved up to Black Point instead of towards Bartlett's and Harkenss. Caught a few short stripers off of BP on tube and worm. Decided I would try around Hatchett's Point as I rarely fish that area. Given the tide times, I shouldn't have screwed around but gone straight there. Not much happening. The entire LIS was a mirror with a hot/hazy day approaching, and tide was going pretty slack by 7:30. Caught a few blues in some scattered schools as the small rip off BP died (nice 32" that put up a big fight on my light gear). Anyway, pretty slow day. Got back to the dock early as three guys were returning from Bartlett's each with a pair of stripers in the mid-30s. Turns out the top water bite was good all morning where I fish 9 of 10 times. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment