Friday, July 8, 2011

Party Boat Fishing on the Blackhawk.

Won a couple of passes for the Blackhawk this season, so I decided to go out today. Didn't want to risk getting caught out in a thunderstorm in my little boat. I like getting out on the Blackhawk now and then, as the Captains and crew always work hard to put you on fish and are usually pretty successful. Foggy as hell all day, but very good fishing. Started on the outgoing tide up at the west end of the Race (couldn't make out a single feature all day). Hit big blues on every drift and a few stripers. As the tide went slack we ran down towards Race Rock and were picking up fish again before to long. Lots of keeper stripers in the mid-30" range. The striper bite went from late morning right into early afternoon. The last hour we were picking up several decent keepers a drift. Fish were throwing up a mix of squid and peanut bunker, and my friend Jack fishing from Stonington told me that another good run of squid had come in when I spoke with him this morning. Hope this bodes well for my trip Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment