Thursday, August 30, 2012

Bye, Bye Summer

Well, summer is just about over, and I'm back to my day job, teaching high school kids. That doesn't mean the fishing is done! The last few weeks have been spent getting those jobs done around the house that I put off due to fishing, getting ready for classes, and occasionally running out to catch a few fish in the sound. With an abundance of smaller blues available right off of Race Point, I've been having a blast with the fly rod. I've been keeping an eye out for those V tails and green flashes, Zoom Flukes at the ready, for those albies. Maybe this weekend. Also eagerly awaiting a call from Capt. Jack Sprengel of East Coast Charters, telling me it's time to go gunning for some bluefin on standup spinning gear. As always, I'll be fishing in September with Capt. Jack Balint, so the fall run is just approaching! Hoping to put up some pretty impressive posts over the next month or so. Check back! Just a quick little look at the snapper blues that have inundated the LIS. These little guys are just as aggressive as their larger siblings, and make for great light tackle or kids fishing. When I say light, I mean take that ultra-light trout rig out there and really have some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment