Thursday, February 24, 2011

2011 is Underway and Karma is a B*%ch


Went out Tuesday night from Snug Harbor, RI on a cod fishing trip aboard the Island Current II. We departed around 11:20pm and returned at 1:00pm Wednesday. Fellow teacher and friend Dave decided to join me to see why people would voluntarily subject themselves to such an activity. Few people want to travel 20 miles out into the North Atlantic in February to catch a few fish. I would say I had a great time, but karma truly is a b%*ch as I spent about 8 of thirteen hrs. alternating between being curled in a fetal position wanting to die and dry heaving over the rail. I've been fishing forever in all kinds of conditions with only 1-2 times where I've felt a bit queasy, but nothing like the experience I had yesterday. My entire chest area is sore and my throat raw today. My brother, however, has always battled seasickness yet it has never prevented him from saying yes to a trip. I must admit on more than one occasion I've offered him a Slim Jim or a beer when he's been sick. Well, I paid for it yesterday. I did manage to catch a few fish during the two big bites we had around 2am?? (I was pretty sick) and 10 am. I told Dave if he could take the cold cod fishing, he would have no trouble coming out and catching blues and stripers in the summer. He ended up with about 7 keepers and a lot of shorts. We came home with a cooler of cod. Anyway, BIG thanks to Bob for making this happen, and I'm sure he will provide a better report of what actually happened on the trip on CTFishFinder.com.



Not much video as I was sick as a DOG!

No comments:

Post a Comment