Sunday, March 31, 2013

Propper Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance

Yes indeed. First trip out on the Gemma Rose II yesterday. Beautiful day to be on the water! I went out mid-morning, as this was as much about giving the boat a thorough run through as it was about fishing. Love the layout, got the Lowrance dialed in, plenty of room for all my crap, the VHF radio works great, could only run at 2400rpm.....2400rpm WTF! Proper Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance and my performance was piss-poor. Wasn't going to do much running around at a max of 9mph. See if you can spot the srew up.

The radio box, while it fits wonderfully in the space at the top of the console, also blocks the throttle. 2400rpm is a few hundred less than I need to even get up on plane. Yesterday was a lot of slow cruising around the Haddam area. Still, I caught a bunch of fish, including fat crappie and perch, as well as some pickeral and small bass. The GRII was officially blooded as well. At least I caught fish, or I would still be out there. No boat should get skunked on her maiden voyage. I guess I have a new project for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment