Saturday, May 26, 2012

Inshore bite is starting!

Fish are starting to work in closer to shore.  Went out of Niantic last night at 6:30, fished 'til 10:00, landing a few schoolies and blues on tube and worm and Zoom Flukes.  It was foggy, so I stayed in Niantic Bay and Jordan's Cove.  I had hoped to fish further east, but with larger boats heading out through Two Tree channel, I decided to stay out of the way.   Didn't need to get run over or swamped at night in the fog.  There were a lot of tailor blues at the top of Niantic Bay, and I was having fun catching them on a light setup.  Pulled the boat out, slept in my truck 'til 3:30, and went back out at 4:00 a.m.  With favorable tides and no wind, I had hoped to fish inside of Bartlett's and Two Tree Island this morning, but once again, fog made that a risky call.  The water was calm, and I have GPS, but you just can't account for other idiots.  Instead, I ran up to Black Point, where I landed the nice striper below.  The bait is in, and the fish have to be settling in to Bartlett's, Two Tree, Harkness and up in the Stonington area.  Can't wait to fish again Monday and Wednesday!



No comments:

Post a Comment