Sunday, March 20, 2011

Fish in a Barrel




Fished back at Hanover Thursday after a day of 60+ weather and had a few small bass. Went back Friday and much the same, with one difference. The water was down a foot. By Saturday the pond was drained. So much for droppoing in my boat. My first reaction was SH*t! I spoke with the site manager from the town. A sewage pipe ruptured, flooding the treatment plant with pond water. The repairs may take all week. What do you do? Go fishing, that's what! With 3/4 of the pond drained, catching fish was not going to be a problem. In my first 1 1/2hr I had a 3 4+ pounders and one bass weighing in at nearly 6lbs. Anothe 4-5 lb'er is swimming around with a 4" storm shad in his mouth. The perch were huge and ready to spawn. I also hooked one large carp that threw the soft bait, and accidently snagged another that spooled me. Caught more small bass than I bothered to count. Life is GOOD today!

No comments:

Post a Comment