Thursday, March 16, 2017

Orvis CEO Takes Out Full-Page Ad in the Miami Herald to Urge Lawmakers to Protect the Everglades - Orvis News

I want to one day take both my son and perhaps grandkids fishing in the Everglades. The unfortunate reality is that this may not be a possibility if SB 10 doesn't happen. Over a million jobs and $100 BILLION dollars in fishing and tourism related revenue is at risk. These numbers are finally sinking in not just in the minds of those directly affected in Florida, but large corporations as well, many of whom have sat on the sidelines in the past. I love fishing in Southern Florida and CHOOSE to spend my $$$ there supporting local guides, hotels, restaurants and other businesses. I want to continue to do this well into the future, but the Florida legislature must act now.



Orvis CEO Takes Out Full-Page Ad in the Miami Herald to Urge Lawmakers to Protect the Everglades - Orvis News

No comments:

Post a Comment